ACC 1210 Introduction to Financial Accounting
An introduction to preparation and use of accounting reports for business entities; focus on uses of accounting for external reporting, emphasizing accounting as a provider of financial information. Traditional testing (proctored or in Testing Center) is used in all online sections.
Prerequisites: MAT 0050 and DEV 0035
- Describe the broad role that accounting information plays in the economy.
- Evaluate the financial performance of a simple corporation on the basis of its financial statements.
- Construct basic financial statements for a simple corporate business entity.
- Analyze the impact of basic business transactions on the financial statements of a corporation.
- Explain the accounting impact of general business practices and processes.
- Use the language of accounting and describe the important concepts on which financial reporting is based.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Accounting
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes
9:30AM to 10:45AM
5:30PM to 6:45PM