ALH 1102 Basic Healthcare Practices & Medical Scribe
Orientation to safe and effective basic health care practice including medical scribe, community health worker, patient assessment and documentation, infection control, body mechanics, and environmental safety considerations. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate observation skills needed in the assessment of patients.
- Demonstrate safe and effective patient care skills.
- Describe the scribe industry and tools necessary to be successful scribe.
- Describe the healthcare navigator industry and tools necessary to be a successful healthcare navigator.
- Demonstrate accurate documentation skills.
- Describe the use of the Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- Describe the basic components for the medical billing and coding industry.
- Identify key components of effective medical asepsis and sterile technique.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Allied Health
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
12:30PM to 4:00PM