ALH 1105 Overview of Holistic Health
Holistic models of health and wellness; value of integrating holistic models in traditional healthcare settings; overview of specific holistic health models such as aromatherapy, reflexology, guided imagery, supplements, and neuro linguistic programming; efficacy data; indications and contraindications.
- Explain the basic principles of holistic health models in wellness, prevention and self-care.
- Compare and contrast holistic healthcare with traditional healthcare for the purpose of integration in a wellness plan.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various models of holistic healthcare with awareness of indications and contraindications.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Allied Health
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term