ALH 1107 Core Concepts of Public Health
The course will introduce core concepts of public health, including analytical methods, biomedical basis of public health, social and behavioral factors in health, environmental issues, medical care and public health and the future of public health.
- Describe the core concepts of public health.
- Explain types of research used to investigate public health.
- Critically think through analysis of public health issues, including but not limited to, social behavioral, and environmental issues.
- Identify solutions to the issues within public health via problem solving techniques.
- Describe policies that affect public health within the healthcare system.
- Review local, regional, national, and global public health programs.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Allied Health
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No