ALH 1121 Acute Care Nurse Aide
Acute Care Nurse Aide will provide a supplement to nurse aide training and provide the student with the knowledge and skills required for care of the patient within an acute care facility as a Patient Care Technician. One classroom, two lab, three clinical hours per week.
Prerequisites: ALH 1120 or Other (Documented current work as State Tested Nurse Aide) and Other (background check, health certificate and student health insurance will be required to complete the clinical portion of the course.)
- Demonstrate basic nursing care and the skills required to promote health and healing for patients in an acute care setting.
- Implement nursing care that decreases risks and follows safety procedures.
- Identify signs and symptoms of infection and behaviors that prevent infection.
- Recognize basic verbal and nonverbal therapeutic communication techniques and strategies necessary for inter-professional healthcare communications.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Clinical: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Allied Health
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No