ALH 1124 Pharmacy Technician Directed Practice
This course will provide the students with real world experience in a pharmacy (i.e. hospital and retail pharmacy). Students will be provided with a valuable learning experience and potential contacts and/or references for employment. This course will also provide the student with additional review for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Exam. Students will complete 210 hours of non-paid, supervised directed practice in a hospital and retail pharmacy. Background checks will be required prior to attending the directed practice.
Prerequisites: ALH 1123 and ALH 1183 and Other (with a grade of "C" or better)
- Demonstrate professional behaviors required for employment as a pharmacy technician.
- Demonstrate application of knowledge learned in the Pharmacy Technician Program by working in a real world pharmacy.
- Demonstrate knowledge learned in the Pharmacy Technician Program by successfully completing a mock credentialing exam.
Credit Hours: 2
- Directed: 14 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Allied Health
- Repeatable Credit: Yes
- Offered Online: No