ALH 1132 Heartsaver First Aid, CPR & AED
The American Heart Association (AHA) Heartsaver First Aid with Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated or Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) course is designed for the individuals who are not working or planning to work within a healthcare environment. The course provides students with training in basic first aid procedures, including the first aid skills recommended by OSHA, CPR and AED. Students who complete the course qualify for the AHA Heartsaver First Aid with CPR and AED course completion card.
- Demonstrate basic first aid skills needed to control bleeding and immobilize injuries.
- Demonstrate the skill needed to assess the ill or injured person.
- Demonstrate the skills to perform effective cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Demonstrate the skills needed to operate an automatic external defibrillator.
Credit Hours: 1
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Allied Health
- Repeatable Credit: Yes
- Offered Online: No