ALH 1250 Health Science Practicum
Enhances practicum skills in health concepts and resources related to the role and responsibility of Healthcare professional. Emphasis on working in community-based settings, publicly and privately funded health and social services. 210 unpaid practicum hours are required. background check, health certificate, immunizations, and student health insurance will be required to complete the practicum portion of this course.
Prerequisites: ALH 1102 or ALH 1120 or MAS 1102 and Other (background check, health certificate, immunizations, and student health insurance will be required to complete the practicum portion of this course. )
- Describe in general terms public and private healthcare financing, and barriers to accessing needed resources.
- Demonstrate professionalism including knowledge of cultural competence, self-care and communication skills including basic computer literacy.
- Demonstrate skills in assessing patient needs and identifying appropriate resources to meet these needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to document appropriately and accurately in both content and vocabulary.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Practicum: 14 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Allied Health
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Location to be announced
Term: Summer 2023
Format: Condensed content. Shorter than normal term. Credit earned though an agreement between faculty and student. Can be longer or shorter than normal term.
Restrictions: Independent Study Student
Note: Practicum held off campus; background check and vaccines required
Course Fee: $40.00
Open Seats: 9
Open Seats: 9