ALH 1250 Healthcare Navigator Practicum
Enhances practicum skills in health concepts and resources related to the role and responsibility of Community Health Worker, as well as within the Public Health environment. Emphasis on working in community-based settings, publicly and privately funded health and social services. One classroom, fourteen practicum hours per week.
Prerequisites: COM 2206 and PSY 1100 and ALH 1102 or ALH 1120
- Demonstrate professionalism including knowledge of cultural competence, self-care and communication skills including basic computer literacy.
- Demonstrate skills in documentation.
- Describe in general terms public and private healthcare financing, and barriers to accessing needed resources.
- Demonstrate skills in conducting patient needs assessment and identifying appropriate resources to meet these needs.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Practicum: 14 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Allied Health
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No