ALH 1252 Medical Scribe Practice
This course provides the students an opportunity to gain practical experience in a real medical setting. The course is designed to facilitate the development of the skill set used in becoming a medical scribe in today's electronic medical world. Additionally, students will gain valuable insight into today's medical world, along with a new understanding of modern healthcare that is directly applicable to a future career as a healthcare provider. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: ALH 1102 and BIO 1107 or BIO 1121 or BIO 1141 and HIM 1201
- Demonstrate accurate writing of a "History of the Present Illness" (HPI).
- Demonstrate accurate use of medical terminology within the medical record.
- Identify the different sections of a generic medical record.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Clinical: 1 hour
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Allied Health
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No