ALH 1252 Medical Scribe Practice
This course provides the students an opportunity to gain practical experience in a real medical setting. The course is designed to facilitate the development of the skill set used in becoming a medical scribe in today's electronic medical world. Additionally, students will gain valuable insight into today's medical world, along with a new understanding of modern healthcare that is directly applicable to a future career as a healthcare provider. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: ALH 1102 and BIO 1107 or BIO 1121 or BIO 1141 and HIM 1201 and Other (Background check, health certificate and student health insurance will be required to complete the clinical portion of the course.)
- Identify the different sections of a generic medical record.
- Demonstrate accurate writing of a "History of the Present Illness" (HPI).
- Demonstrate accurate use of medical terminology within the medical record.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Clinical: 1 hour
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Allied Health
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No