ALH 1256 MEPAP II- Activity Director
This course is a Sinclair provided Activity Programming Certificate based on NCCAP's MEPAP II program core competencies for activity practice settings. The course includes the practices and principles of managing and leading an activity department and the collaboration needed for interaction with other departments and agencies. After successful completion of the course the student will also receive a certificate of completion for NCCAP's MEPAP II course by a preapproved instructor of NCCAP. Three classroom, three clinical hours per week.
Prerequisites: Other (ALH 1155 when approved.)
- Illustrate the differences between policies and procedures and be able to construct policies, procedures and task outlines
- Analyze the characteristics of the role of the leader of an activity department including ethical expectations and tasks of the leader.
- Describe and apply various interview techniques to foster communication with the resident and the interdisciplinary team.
- Identify the nature of leadership and successfully assess leadership styles.
- Demonstrate skills for guiding employees during periods of organizational change.
- Conduct an assessment of the organizational culture and develop advocacy anchors with the organization.
- Describe and apply controls for departmental use that agree with the organizational guidelines.
- Interpret the five functions of management for the activity department, and how the functions of planning, leading, staffing, and controlling lead to better staffing and retention.
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Clinical: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Allied Health
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term