ALH 2996 Simulation Technology Practice
The Simulation Technology Practice course will provided practical training within the healthcare simulation environment under the direction of an approved simulation supervisor. Fourteen practicum hours per week.
Prerequisites: ALH 2101 and ALH 2131 and BIS 1500 and CIS 1140 and CIS 2731
- Prepare the simulation environment as a “real” patient care environment according to the needs of the stakeholders.
- Prepare, program, and operate simulators, part-task trainers, simulation rooms, and other equipment/props.
- Prepare, program, and operate AV equipment.
- Orient stakeholders to simulation principles, simulators, equipment, and environment.
- Assist in maintaining reference materials, equipment specifications and operation manuals for all.
- Assist in the process of equipment and inventory management.
Credit Hours: 2
- Practicum: 14 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Allied Health
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No