AST 1117 Lab for the Solar System
Laboratory and field activities to supplement The Solar System. Three lab hours per week.
- Describe the physical property and orbital motion of planets using qualitative observations and quantitative measurements of the heavenly bodies.
- Determine the circumference of Earth using latitude and longitude measurements for various locations.
- Determine and locate objects using celestial and local coordinates.
- Determine the force of gravity between objects in the solar system. Explain tidal force with force of gravity.
- Identify unknown elements using spectroscopy.
- Describe the motion of observable objects in our sky.
- Analyze the surface features and physical properties of minor bodies in the solar system.
Credit Hours: 1
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Astronomy
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes
Not currently offered this term