AUT 1108 Automotive Engine Systems
Engine operation, nomenclature, measurements and tolerances, including service and overhaul procedures. Cooling, lubrication and valve train systems are discussed. Basic engine machining practices are covered. Basic hand tools are required for the course.
- Determine mechanical engine problems utilizing manufacturer service information.
- Describe the theory of operation of a four cycle engine.
- Disassemble the engine block and measure the pertinent assemblies using precision measuring instruments.
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 2.4 hours
- Lab: 4.8 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Automotive Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
1:15PM to 5:05PM