AUT 1172 Automotive Internship III
Students work in the field at an approved automotive service business. The credit that is earned for the internship is applied toward degree requirements. Students prepare and submit reports online and are evaluated by the course instructor as well as their on-site supervisor. Students will practice service procedures on engine performance, manual transmissions and axles following their third semester. Twenty co-op hours per week.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- Complete assigned self-study computer based training as accessed through the corporation's website.
- Complete internship paperwork as assigned by the faculty coordinator.
- Satisfactory performance on the job as indicated by the site supervisor.
Credit Hours: 2
- Co-Op: 20 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Automotive Technology
- Repeatable Credit: Yes
- Offered Online: No