AUT 2221 High Performance Engine Blocks & Heads
High-performance engine building plan development. Disassembly, cleaning and inspection of components. Reconditioning/modification of components. Preparation of components prior to final/trial assembly. Three classroom, nine lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: AUT 1108
- Compile collected data and recorded information to produce a blueprint document.
- Research and submit a project engine building plan forming the basis of the required project.
- Determine project feasibility by performing critical measurements and record findings in accepted format.
- Research available resources and determine availability of technical information and part availabilities.
- Interact with vendors and brand specific experts related to project and form a build plan and timeline.
- Successfully perform required machining operations. Post machining precision measurements shall be performed and recorded in an accepted format.
Credit Hours: 6
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Lab: 9 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Automotive Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No