AUT 2224 High Performance Fuel Induction Systems
Performance rebuilding and tuning of Holley carburetors. Introduction to the operation and performance application of electronic fuel injection. Introduction to superchargers, turbochargers and nitrous oxide. Engine performance evaluation and tuning utilizing engine and chassis dynamometers. Basic hand tools required. One and one-half classroom, four and one-half lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: AUT 1115
- Improve engine performance using tuning software.
- Rebuild and tune a Holley 4 barrel carburetor.
- Measure wide-open throttle horsepower and torque curves using engine and chassis dynos.
- Use flow bench to test high performance components such as carburetors and intake manifolds
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 1.5 hours
- Lab: 4.5 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Automotive Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No