AUT 2226 High Performance Fabrication
Basic chassis design and construction for high-performance racing applications. Suspension design, types and fabrication. Interior and exterior sheet-metal design and fabrication. Two classroom, six lab hours per week.
- Design a roll cage with strength and safety concerns being addressed.
- Learn the proper voltage, wire speed and techniques for performing a proper MIG and TIG weld for motorsport applications.
- Form sheet metal using the power hammer and English wheel.
- Design a suspension system for a motorsport racing application.
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 6 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Automotive Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term