AUT 2241 Automatic Transmission Systems
Theory and operation of automotive transmissions and transaxle systems. Lab experience in the overhaul and service of automatic transmissions and transaxles including mechanical, hydraulic and electronic systems diagnostics and testing.
- Using current acceptable practices, diagnose and test transmission/transaxle, torque converter, and fluid/cooling systems.
- Diagnose and test the inputs, processes, and outputs of a computer-controlled transmission/transaxle.
- Using currently accepted methods, perform a variety of transaxle services; including the removal and replacement of a transmission, fluid level check, and fluid service.
- Identify transmission and transaxle units by part number and SAE terminology, understand the parts of a transmission and transaxle, and describe the operation of transmission and transaxle mechanical, hydraulic and electronic systems.
- Using industry approved service procedures and specialized equipment, demonstrate competency in the complete overhaul of an automatic transmission and an automatic transaxle.
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 1.6 hours
- Lab: 7.2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Automotive Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
1:00PM to 5:35PM
8:00AM to 12:35PM