AUT 2373 GM Global Diagnostic System/Multiple Diagnostic Interface
This course is designed to provide the technician with the skills necessary to properly diagnose current and future vehicle platforms, using GDS (Global Diagnostic System) and the MDI (Multiple Diagnostic Interface) vehicle data acquisition systems.
- Understand computer hardware and software requirements for GDS applications, and perform GDS application software installation and updates.
- Connect the MDI to a computer network, perform updates, and troubleshoot MDI or network connections.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the MDI and GDS system by reading ECU DTC’s, data lists, and navigation within the snapshot function.
Credit Hours: 0.5
- Classroom: 0.5 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Automotive Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No