AUT 2374 GM Six-Speed Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Mechanical Service
This course provides an introduction to the 6T70/75 six-speed front- wheel drive Hydramatic transaxle and the 6L80/90 six-speed rear- wheel drive Hydramatic transmission. One full day will be spent on each unit performing a complete teardown and reassembly. All special tools will be introduced and available for use. Bearing preload procedures and clutch pack travel measurements will be performed by participants.
- Identify the operation of the 6T70/75 and 6L80/90 hydraulic and mechanical components.
- : Demonstrate ability to locate service information relating to the 6T70/75 and 6L80/90 transmissions.
- Use service information and special tools to overhaul and repair the GM 6T70/75 and 6L80/90 transmissions.
Credit Hours: 1
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Automotive Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No