AVT 1102 Orientation to Inflight Services
Provides students with the knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of flight attendants, inflight service procedures, safety briefing announcements, customer service skills, airline terminology, airline schedules, airport identifiers and airline flight attendant interview techniques.
- Comprehend and demonstrate customer service skills while relating the importance of the customer to job security. Demonstrate the various ways to handle passenger conflict.
- Identify inflight service procedures as they pertain to departure and arrival, taxi, takeoff and landing and enroute flight.
- Comprehend and effectively communicate the safety briefing announcement while appropriately illustrating the proper use of the seat belts, oxygen masks and emergency exits.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
9:00AM to 10:50AM