AVT 1106 Airframe Safety Systems
Aircraft safety systems will cover the following: chemical and electric/pneumatic ice and rain protection systems, fire warning and extinguishing systems, landing gear and throttle safety warning systems, aural warning systems and troubleshooting and repair of wiring for these systems. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate knowledge of different electrical, pneumatic, and chemical ice and rain protection systems for different category aircraft.
- Demonstrate an understanding of fire warning systems and extingushing systems including different chemicals used, and troubleshooting of these systems including wiring and plumbing.
- Demonstrate the ability to operate, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and service landing gear/throttle warning systems critical to flight safety.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term