AVT 1107 Fuel Systems
Inspection, operational checkout and repair of fuel systems and components to include tanks, transfer pumps, indicating systems and fuel heating; leak detection, identification and repair; proper servicing and regulatory compliance. Two classroom, three lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate an understanding of requirements for compliance with federal and international regulations governing aircraft maintenance and documentation requirements as they relate to servicing of the aircraft.
- Demonstrate knowledge of requirements to detect and repair fuel system leaks; demonstrate component operation for leak detection, fuel indicating and pressurization system, fuel temperature and heating, and proper servicing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of aircraft fuel system components and their operation; inspection and repair of fuel pumps, transfer manifold lines, fuel lines, and indicating and pressure sensors for proper installation.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No