AVT 1108 UAS First Responder Applications
Students will learn learn the fundamental principles of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) technologies, capabilities, regulations, legal responsibilities, cost and benefit consideration for potential use in law enforcement, fire, rescue, emergency medical and disaster response applications.
- Describe the decision making process applied to first responder applications using Unmanned Aerial System technologies to improve situational awareness.
- Provide a technical overview of Unmanned System platforms, cost effectiveness, operational use, and its applicability to real world first responder applications.
- Demonstrate operational understanding of Unmanned Aerial Systems, their respective capabilities, and integration with first responder applications.
Credit Hours: 1
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term