AVT 1110 Private Pilot Ground School
Prepares students with the knowledge necessary to successfully complete the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Private Pilot knowledge exam. Topics include pilot training, aircraft systems, aerodynamic principles, safety of flight, air traffic control procedures, weather theory, weather hazards and conditions, federal aviation regulations, aircraft performance, weight and balance principles and navigation procedures.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- Describe basic weather theory, identify sources of weather information, analyze weather factors, hazards and conditions.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of aircraft systems, including airplanes, power plant and related systems and flight instruments.
- Recognize the aerodynamic principles associated with an aircraft in the flight environment.
- Describe safety of flight, air traffic control procedures and sources of flight information.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of navigation procedures, including pilotage and dead reckoning and use of navigational aids in cross country flight planning.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
2:00PM to 4:40PM
8:30AM to 11:10AM