AVT 1118 Weight & Balance
This course covers aviation maintenance performance calculations to include theory of aircraft weight and balance encompassing documentation, weighing the aircraft, locating the center of gravity, adverse center of gravity checks, large aircraft weight and balance computations and determination of ballast requirements. Two classroom, three lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of geometric shapes, and arithmetic and algebraic operations required for weight and balance computations.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of aircraft weight and balance and documentation requirements, to include center of gravity (cg), forward and rearward cg calculations for small and transport category aircraft.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of aircraft weighing to include the following: regulation compliance for weighing, safety during weighing, forward and rearward center of gravity calculations.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No