AVT 1119 Aviation Meteorology
Prepares students with the knowledge necessary to comprehend the fundamentals of meteorology, analyze weather factors, hazards and in-flight weather conditions and weather conditions as they relate to aircraft and flight performance using aviation meteorology charts and internet weather resources.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of atmospheric circulation, air masses, fronts, and thunderstorm structure and behavior and the threat it poses to aircraft operations.
- Recognize the hazards of wind shear, turbulence and icing conditions to aircraft operations and flight performance.
- Identify, comprehend and analyze sources of weather information regarding in-flight weather conditions using aviation meteorology charts and internet weather resources.
- Comprehend the fundamentals of meteorology and proper technical vocabulary of meteorological terms.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
5:00PM to 6:50PM