AVT 1128 Powerplant Safety Systems
Troubleshooting of electrical wiring and connections on instruments, legal repairs allowed on instruments by Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) mechanics, different types of fire protection systems, different extinguishing agents used, Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) use, inspection, operation, removal, and replacement of APUs requiring servicing and troubleshooting and unducted fan engines. Two classroom, two lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the different types of fire indicating systems used on aircraft and their inspection, maintenance, and repair.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the different requirements for different category aircraft fire suppression systems and types of extinguishing agents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of engine indicating instruments, wiring, and data systems, and their inspection and repair.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No