AVT 1133 Instruments/Communications
Inspection, removal and installation of flight instruments and controls to include gyroscopic and magnetic instruments, pitot-static lines, wiring and legal repairs by mechanics. Communications equipment operation, inspection, removal and installation of radios, antennas, coax cables, wave guides and next generation of combination instrument/communication equipment to include GPS/satellite communication. Two classroom, three lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of federal and international regulations governing aircraft communication equipment operation and maintenance, and documentation requirements for various communication and navigation equipment removal, installation, and adjustment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the operation of aircraft flight instruments and displays to include removal, repair, installation, and post-maintenance airworthiness checks.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of the operation, removal and replacement, and repair of GPS and satellite equipment installed in aircraft for navigation and communication.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term