AVT 1135 Materials & Processes
Selection and proper use of nondestructive inspection techniques and equipment; basic heat treatments, identification and selection of correct aircraft hardware. Inspection of welds and precision measurements. Tube bending, cutting and flaring, high-pressure (MS) flareless fittings, repair of rigid lines, identification of fluid lines, fabrication of high and low pressure hose lines, bulkhead fittings. Two classroom, six lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate knowledge of different types of non-destructive inspection methods to include eddy current, ultra sound, x-ray, and visual methods for sheet metal and composites.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of different types of aircraft hardware, their proper installation and use, corrosion prevention, legal requirements for hardware, inspection of hardware for, and proper removal techniques of, corrosion.
- Demonstrate a high knowledge of, and the use of, different types of measuring equipment.
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 6 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
8:30AM to 12:45PM