AVT 1140 Introduction to Business Aviation
Overview of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) definitions of aviation activities; definition of business and private aviation, reasons for using business aviation, the actual costs of use versus airlines and other modes of transportation, differences from job opportunities in other areas of aviation, opportunities for specific kinds of jobs from architect to aero engineering, discussions with professionals from the field.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the different kinds of worldwide aviation uses and where business aviation fits into that set of uses as well as the reasons business aviation continues to grow because of the real needs for its existence.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the different costs, components of these costs, and off-setting benefits that explain the wide use and existence criteria for business aviation with a majority of the world's largest businesses.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the different modes of operation, the effects on costs, the components of these costs, and the benefits of that specific mode when compared to other modes.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No