AVT 1151 Crew Survival & Rescue Techniques
Overview of the psychology of survival, post-crash survival techniques, prioritization and necessities, survival physiology in the emergency environment, clothing protection and improvised shelter, signaling, air and ground search and rescue, survival kits and emergency equipment and survival skills. Includes winter, desert, jungle, water, hostile territories and extended in-plane hostage survival.
- Comprehend and describe the importance of a positive mental attitude during survival situations.
- Identify priorities during a survival situation in airline operations.
- Recognize the similarities and differences of each survival situation while being able to formulate a plan of survival understanding that the will to live is the common denominator.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
11:00AM to 1:40PM