AVT 1213 Corrosion
Causes of corrosion, the chemical process, types of corrosion, locations susceptible to corrosion, detecting corrosion, removing and treating corrosion, cleaning of the interior and exterior of the airplane, and paint removal and protection of bare surfaces and finishing materials application techniques and practices. One classroom, two lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of types of corrosion, and the cleaning and treatment or removal of corrosion-affected parts and the application of finishing materials.
- Demonstrate the ability to inspect for different types of corrosion, and to clean metal to prevent corrosion, clean or remove corrosion, and prepare metal.
- Demonstrate knowledge of different repair processes for corrosion control on different types of metal such as sheet metal, stainless steel, and steel.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
6:00PM to 9:00PM