AVT 1218 Utility Systems
Hydraulic aircraft systems, introduction to landing gear systems, development of repair and inspection skills, critical thinking and development of analysis used in troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic systems and landing gear. Two classroom, six lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate knowledge of hydraulic systems and components to include removal and installation, types of hydraulic fluids, hazardous materials (hazmat) requirements, crossfeeds, pumps, seals, and fittings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of landing gear systems and the ability to operate, inspect, repair, adjust, and service.
- Demonstrate knowledge of troubleshooting of hydraulic and landing gear systems and components.
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 6 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No