AVT 1246 Air Traffic Control Communications
Overview of the history of air traffic control, air traffic control tower procedures, radar systems, radar separation, radio communications and techniques, flight plan clearances, traffic management and emergency procedures and priority handling.
- Comprehend and describe the history of air traffic control and the importance of the air traffic control system.
- Comprehend the use of air route and airport surveillance radar, secondary radar, radar separation requirements and the limitations of these systems.
- Comprehend and describe the various types of job categories, requirements for issuing taxi, takeoff and landing clearances.
- Comprehend and describe the various emergency procedures in the Airmen's Information Manual and how these procedures are used in air traffic control priority handling situations.
Credit Hours: 1
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term