AVT 1254 Flight Simulator Instruction
Prepares students with the knowledge and practice necessary to successfully control an aircraft solely by reference to flight instruments. Topics include full and partial panel reference, accuracy and proficiency in flying holding patterns and instrument approach procedures and recovery from unusual attitudes and spatial disorientation scenarios.
Prerequisites: AVT 1170
- Accurately demonstrate recovery from unusual attitudes and spatial disorientation scenarios.
- Interpret aircraft instruments and apply principles of basic attitude instrument flight, both full and partial panel.
- Interpret and accurately demonstrate flying instrument approach procedures and holding pattern entries.
Credit Hours: 1
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No