AVT 2139 Induction/Exhaust/Cooling
Powerplant ice protection, reciprocating engine induction system, superchargers, turbochargers, heat exchangers, turbine engine inlet designs, exhaust system inspection, repair, removal, and installation, and thrust reversers. One classroom, three lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the inspection, repair, and servicing of turbine engine ice and rain system components and controls in both fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft.
- Demonstrate knowledge of techniques to remove, inspect, service, replace, or reinstall engine induction components and exhaust manifolds.
- Demonstrate knowledge of techniques to remove, inspect, service, replace, or reinstall engine exhaust systems and components.
- Demonstrate knowledge of turbine engine thrust reverser systems, proper operation, removal, inspection, repair, and installation.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
8:30AM to 12:30PM