AVT 2150 Crew Resource Management for UAS
Provides students with an introduction to the principles and concepts of crew resource management (CRM) through interactive discussion and scenario based analysis as it relates to UAS operations and the challenge of optimizing the human/machine interface and accompanying flight operations. Discussion and scenario based activities include CRM markers, principles and concepts of CRM, team building, information transfer, problem solving, risk management and decision making, communications process, conflict resolution and maintaining situational awareness when dealing with UAS automated systems.
Prerequisites: Restricted to Majors
- Comprehend and demonstrate a basic understanding of risk management, information transfer and decision making in UAS operations.
- Comprehend and demonstrate an understanding of workload management, communication processes, problem solving and maintaining situational awareness when when operating within a UAS.
- Comprehend and demonstrate an understanding of the principles, concepts and application of Crew Resource Management and the human factors associated with the human/machine interface.
- Comprehend, analyze, and demonstrate a basic understanding of the Crew Resource Management Markers and their effect on managing errors.
Credit Hours: 1
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
7:00PM to 7:50PM