AVT 2219 Turbine Engines
Physics of gas turbine engines, air and non-air breathing engine types, production of thrust, engine sections, types of accessories, engine operations, maintenance requirements, inspections, repair of electrical connections, troubleshooting electrical and pneumatic systems and testing/trimming of engines. Two classroom, six lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of turbine engine components, operation of turbine engine types, inspection, removal, repair, and installation of engine and components.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of turbine engine starting, operation, emergency procedures, and legal requirements for operation on ramp areas, taxiways, and run pads.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of preparation for removal and installation of turbine engines, and proper documentation in engine change packages.
Credit Hours: 4
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 6 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No