AVT 2236 Non-Metallic Structures
This course covers composites, different types of composite glass, repair of composite structures, wood structures, types of wood used in aircraft, defects in wood, proper repair of fabric and wood structures, types of fabrics used to cover aircraft structures, sewing, lacing and finishing, and the required inspection of fabrics on aircraft. Two classroom, three lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of types of composites and their use in aircraft structures, inspection methods for composites, repair of composite structures, and finishes for composites.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of types of wood used in aircraft, inspection, and finish requirements for wood structures.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of different types of fabric covering for aircraft structures, stitching for fabric structures, lacing, and finishing.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No