AVT 2242 Aircraft Accident Investigation I
Provides pilots and other aviation professionals with an understanding of techniques used by investigators to identify causes of accidents and how to make recommendations to reduce the likelihood of recurrence and reduce the consequences.
Prerequisites: DEV 0035
- Demonstrate an understanding of and the ability to document the use of HFACS to define causes of aircraft accidents.
- Demonstrate the ability to use and to document the use of the HFACS to define specific causes of aircraft accidents.
- Demonstrate the ability to use and to document the use of the HFACS to define causes of specific aircraft accidents.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of definitions and NTSB procedures associated with aircraft accident investigation.
- Demonstrate understanding of the analysis of aircraft and human performance limitations and how they contribute to aircraft accidents.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
6:00PM to 8:40PM