AVT 2271 Flight Instructor Flight Lab - Rotorcraft Helicopter
Prepares students with the aeronautical knowledge, skill and experience necessary to meet the requirements for a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Certified Flight Instructor Pilot Certificate with rotorcraft helicopter class rating. The course is conducted under 14 CFR Part 141. Topics include the fundamentals of instruction as it pertains to the training helicopter, flight maneuvers, maximum performance takeoff and landing procedures, attitude control by instrument reference, night flying, cross-country operations and navigation procedures. Course Performance Standards require 25 hours of flight time and 100% completion of the course syllabus requirements. Additional fees including a course fee and a flight lab fee as well as other out-of-pocket expenses apply. Contact the Department for the current listing of these fees and expenses. Three lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: AVT 1110 and AVT 1170 and AVT 2250
- Demonstrate the ability to use the fundamentals of instruction while analyzing and performing flight maneuvers and procedures.
- Practice and review maneuvers to further develop instructional techniques in the training helicopter. Obtain the instructional knowledge of the elements of each maneuver and the common errors in order to correct students in the training environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain specific flight attitudes and ground tracks associated with the helicopter in flight to Commercial Pilot standards. Practice and review cross country operations to further develop instructional techniques and recognize common errors in the training aircraft.
- Demonstrate, evaluate, analyze and apply the fundamentals of instruction during maximum performance takeoff and landing procedures, maintaining specific flight attitudes and ground tracks associated with a helicopter in the flight training environment to Commercial Pilot standards.
Credit Hours: 1
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No