AVT 2275 Instrument Flight Instructor Ground
Prepares students with the knowledge necessary to complete the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Certified Flight Instructor Instrument knowledge exam. Topics include flight instructor responsibilities and professionalism, development of instrument flight lesson plans and evaluations, instrument pilot logbook endorsements and review of instrument pilot aeronautical knowledge areas as it pertains to the FAA Certified Flight Instructor Instrument certificate. Both fixed -wing and helicopter sections are offered.
Prerequisites: AVT 2258 and AVT 2269 or AVT 2271 and Approval of Department
- Comprehend and demonstrate an understanding of the foundations of learning and the art and science of teaching as it pertains to the instrument pilot.
- Apply the fundamentals of instruction to develop lesson plans, evaluations and assessments for instrument pilot students.
- Demonstrate and apply the aeronautical knowledge areas in the instrument pilot curriculum and apply proper procedures for endorsing student logbooks according to the Federal Aviation Regulations.
Credit Hours: 1
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
10:00AM to 10:50AM
9:00AM to 11:40AM