AVT 4146 Advanced Airline Operations & Training
Advanced study of airline operations and training procedures with emphasis on training targeted at what a new-hire pilot would experience during Part 121 initial aircraft training, to include cockpit flows, checklist usage, and flight management systems indoctrination.
Prerequisites: AVT 2211
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze weather and interpretation of a dispatch release complete with takeoff and landing data, and determine the correct takeoff weight at departure and arrival weight at destination.
- Demonstrate the ability to commit to memory as an immediate action those checklist items that are operationally mandatory concerning advanced aircraft operation and memorization of aircraft operational flows and limitations.
- Demonstrate the ability to research federal aviation regulations pertinent to Part 121 airline operations and judge applicability to an operational scenario.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
2:00PM to 4:40PM