AVT 4170 Airport Operations
A study of airport management and government regulatory requirements under Part 139 including but not limited to, construction and maintenance of runways, taxiways, and ramps, noise abatement procedures, security, Notice to Airmen generation, and environmental impact studies.
Prerequisites: AVT 2240
- Using the appropriate regulations and policies, research a particular airport function or department and specify how this department interacts with other airport departments and external regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrate the ability to distinguish between mandatory and non-mandatory airport functions and how those functions interact with each other.
- Demonstrate the ability to research regulations pertinent to Part 139 airport operations and define certain regulatory parameters necessary to stay in compliance through a written examination.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No