AVT 4210 Advanced UAS Maintenance
This course builds on the knowledge and skills developed in previous UAS maintenance courses. Topics include safety procedures, operator and depot level maintenance procedures, composite repair, fuel systems, data link and instrumentation systems, rigging and assembly, reliability testing and trouble shooting of UAS and their respective components. One classroom, four lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: AVT 2280
- Demonstrate a high standard of ethical and professional behavior as is required as an UAS maintenance professional.
- Use representative professional level UAS platforms to develop field, depot, and advanced depot level maintenance procedures and demonstrate these skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to inspect professional Unmanned Aerial System platforms for structural, propulsion, and electrical defects. Students will apply technical knowledge to repair electrical, sensors, camera systems and composite damage to airframes.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 4 hours
- Division: Science, Mathematics and Engineering
- Department: Aviation Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No