BIS 1201 Keyboarding & Document Formatting
Students will learn and develop "touch" keyboarding skills, including the ten-key numeric keypad. By the end of the course, students must perform keyboarding speed and accuracy on three-minute timed writings at a minimum of 30 wpm with three or fewer errors. Students will learn to use word processing software to format and produce reports, letters, memos, and other business documents. Traditional testing (proctored or in Testing Center) is used in all online sections.
- Demonstrate "touch" keyboarding of all keys, including the ten-key numeric keypad.
- Perform three-minute timed writings at a minimum of 25 wpm with three or fewer errors.
- Utilize system software and data management skills.
- Format business documents in a mailable business format.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Business Information Systems
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes