BIS 1221 Specialized Computer Applications for Health Information Management
Introduces students to personal computer concepts including hardware, system software, application software, and the Internet. Learn the components of computer systems and develop a broad understanding of computer hardware and emerging technologies. Students will be introduced to Office application software (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases,) and specific features of those applications for medical reports, narrating presentations, Autofilters, form creation and software integration will be applied.
- Create and format templates, reports, and forms in MS Word.
- Create and format spreadsheets using specialized features in Excel like Autofilter, charts, and formulas.
- Create database tables from data imported from other software programs. Export data from Access in different formats to import into other software programs.
- Demonstrate use of email systems and use proper etiquette when communicating electronically.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Business Information Systems
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes