BIS 1500 Software Testing Fundamentals
In this course, students will be introduced to the field of software testing at the fundamental level. Software testing theory and terminology for this course are primarily based on the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) foundation level certification requirements. Students will learn about the practical application of software testing throughout the software development life cycle. Hands-on exercises will provide students with practical skills in executing test cases, documenting results and participating in peer reviews. Successful completion of this course will entitle students to sit for the ISTQB Foundation Level certification exam.
- Demonstrate the ability to execute, document and review software test cases.
- Document the foundational concepts and terminology of software testing.
- Explain the necessity of testing throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Business Information Systems
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes