BIS 2180 Medical Office Simulation
Basic principles of office support, bookkeeping, record-keeping and reporting responsibilities pertinent to the medical office and health care agencies.
Prerequisites: BIS 1120 and HIM 1101
- Perform various tasks that are daily procedures in a health care office environment.
- Use a medical office software system to set up a simulated medical practice, schedule appointments, create and edit tables that contain records for patients, providers, insurance carriers, procedure codes, diagnosis codes, transactions, insurance claims and payments.
- Determine legal and ethical requirements in a health care environment.
- Produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports based on development of a medical practice and entry of data.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Business Information Systems
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term